UNPACKING THE THEME
Before installing the theme, please make sure you unpacked the archive and extracted theme files. After unzipping the archive, you will see the following files:
If you try to install the wrong files, you will get missing styles.css file error. This is the most common error that means you are trying to install an incorrect package.
To install “Jewel Blog Pro” theme, you must have WordPress installed. Update WordPress: To ensure a positive user experience, we highly recommend updating your WordPress to the latest stable version 4.0 or higher. This will help utilizing all of the latest features of WordPress.
If you have questions regarding the theme installation, we recommend reading the detailed instruction below.
- Log into your web server with FTP client software.
- Unzip the “jewel-blog-pro.zip” file and ONLY use the extracted /jewel-blog-pro theme folder.
- Upload the extracted /jewel-blog-pro theme folder into /wp-content/themes folder.
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate it.
- Login to admin panel.
- Go to Appearance – Themes and click on the Add New button.
- Choose Upload theme option. Click on Browse…(Choose file in Safari/Chrome), select the “jewel-blog-pro.zip” and click Install Now button.
- After the successful installation, click on Activate or go to Appearance – Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
- After the theme is activated, you will be prompted to install the required plugins.